Do you have your sh*t together?
Improve your physical and mental wellbeing and be more effective at work and at home.
What you can
What makes a great leader today is different from what made them in the past.
Many leaders work incredibly hard at driving performance and productivity at all costs. And while it might get results short-term, it’s at the detriment of long-term performance and employee wellbeing.
In more recent times, the importance of taking care of the wellbeing of staff has come to the forefront – not just because we’re more aware of anxiety, depression and other mental health concerns, but because it’s better for business. Productivity is higher, staff stay longer and new talent is easier to attract.
No longer can leaders just focus on performance. Now they must give equal attention to helping to enhance the wellbeing of their staff.
They need to get their own sh*t together before they focus on helping their team members. They need to change their own habits and develop positive and long-term habits to live a healthier life, physically, mentally and emotionally.
But anyone who has tried to go on a diet or start an exercise program knows that sustaining new habits for more than a few weeks or months is not easy.
What gets in the way of building and sustaining new more positive healthy habits?
In this book you’ll discover the secrets of ‘getting your own sh*t together’, and unpick the complex relationship between wellbeing, mental health and leadership.
I talk to some Australian legends including Cadel Evans, Andrew Gaze, Carolyn Creswell and Sam Gash about their own approach to mental and physical health and the link between wellbeing and high performance. I demystify ‘wellbeing’ and break it down into simple actions and routines you can implement – and start seeing the effects – straight away.
‘Leaders — Do you have your sh*t together?’ is now available. Order your copy today.
Put the benefits to work for your organisation
Like the insights contained in this book? Interested in applying them throughout your organisation or leadership team?
Hayden Fricke is an experienced speaker and organisational psychologist, and can run a workshop or keynote presentation tailored to your organisation’s needs. Hayden’s passionately delivered presentations drive home the scientific research he’s done to back up his ideas.
Book a workshop with Hayden and start your organisation’s journey towards sustainable positive behaviour change.
Here's what you'll
Wellbeing and leadership
What is wellbeing? Why is it important to take good care of your own health and wellbeing?
- What’s expected of leaders today and how that compares with historical views of leadership
- Why does wellbeing need to be included in leadership theories now
- Why is wellbeing important for leaders?
- How does wellbeing impact leadership and why is it important?
- How health and wellbeing impacts leadership
- Physical health and wellbeing
- The importance of sleep, diet and exercise
- Dietary guidelines and Hayden’s healthy eating principles based on the science
- Hayden’s exercise routine and his tips on tailoring yours to your goals
Habits – the knowing/doing gap
Most people know that they should take care of their mental and physical wellbeing, but they don’t – why not?
- Why are good habits hard to create and sustain?
- The six elements necessary to create sustainable personal change
- The impact of the environment we live in, and the impact social norms have on our daily lives and our health and wellbeing
- The mental strengths required to leverage the positive aspects of our social environment and minimise the potential negative aspects
- Why we need to be more conscious of social norms (and how we can do this)
- Making the right choices, even when you are tired (including sometimes saying “no” to your mum, kids and friends)
- How to start changing habits
Psychology, mental health and leadership
Your toolkit to build more healthy habits.
- Understanding that your thoughts are the most powerful factor that impacts your life and your habits
- The ‘circle of control’ – one of the simplest yet most powerful tools you can use to help enhance your psychological wellbeing
- How to develop a ‘growth mindset’
- The ‘power of vulnerability’ and how to increase your self-worth
- SMART goal-setting and measurement
- Learning to set aside some time each day to relax and recover
- The ‘five ways to wellbeing’
- Why practice doesn’t necessarily make perfect
- The connection between physical and mental health
Enhancing wellbeing at work as a leader
Beyond the individual tools that you have at your disposal to enhance your own wellbeing, the research and evidence is clear about the key drivers behind wellbeing and engagement at work.
- Tools for leaders to enhance their own wellbeing
- Tips for effective leadership and management
- How to build great relationships with co-workers
- ‘Career pathing’ and spotting you and your team’s next opportunities
- The importance of job control, empowerment and autonomy
- How to have productive and positive feedback and performance conversations
- The secrets of building a high performing team
- Leading for performance AND wellbeing
Cadel Evans, world champion cyclist and winner of Tour de France
Andrew Gaze, former professional basketball player and coach
Lieutenant General John Frewen, Chief of Joint Capabilities
Nick O’Hern, former world #16 golfer who twice beat Tiger Woods
Sam Gash, inspiring ultramarathon runner
Carolyn Creswell, founder of Carmens Fine Foods
Book now available - Order your copy
‘Leaders — Do you have your sh*t together?’ will be an essential guide for leaders and anyone striving for high performance and wellbeing. Don’t miss your chance to secure a copy, it’s time to get your sh*t together.
Book Hayden for speaking enagagements
Hayden is an accomplished keynote speaker and leadership coach.
If you would like Hayden to speak at an upcoming seminar or professional event, enter your details below and we’ll be in touch